We’re proud to serve adults and families throughout the state. Contact us to learn more about our home- and community-based services. We look forward to hearing from you!
Individuals with Brain Injury
REM Wisconsin provides a growing array of rehabilitation services and community-based supports to assist people who have sustained acquired or traumatic brain injuries. All of our programs are individually tailored to help each individual live as independently as possible and enjoy a full and productive life.
Upon admission, a multi-disciplinary team which includes experienced professionals develops an Individual Service Plan that reflects the individual’s strengths and interests, as well as the interests of families and other key constituents. This plan focuses the team on the accomplishment of real-life outcome goals and includes the objectives, interventions and personal supports that will be needed to improve functional skills and promote successful community reintegration after the injury.
The goal of REM Wisconsin is to provide high-quality services which result in measurable improvements including:
- Increased independence
- Increased self-management of behaviors
- Increased community involvement
- Awareness of abilities and limitations and what has changed in their lives
- Strengthened and meaningful relationships
- A return to the workforce or meaningful employment
- Enhanced quality of life
- Better health
REM Wisconsin staff is provided with in-depth training meant to develop expertise in the wide range of functional changes brought about by brain injury including:
- Memory and reasoning
- Communication, expression, and understanding
- Behavioral and emotional changes, including depression, anxiety, personality changes, aggression, and social awareness.